Apple has announced iOS 12 to help customers understand and take control of the time they spend interacting with their iOS devices.
iOS 12 public beta, include Activity Reports, App Limits and new Do Not Disturb and Notifications controls designed to help customers reduce interruptions and manage screen time for themselves and their families.
Do Not Disturb:-
- iOS 12 brings enhancements to Do Not Disturb, making this powerful time management tool even better by helping people stay in the moment during times like studying as well as during a class, meeting or dinner.
- There is also a new Do Not Disturb during Bedtime mode to help people get a better night’s sleep by dimming the display and hiding all notifications on the lock screen until prompted in the morning.
- Do Not Disturb has new options from Control Center where it can be set to automatically end based on a specified time or location.
- iOS 12 introduces Grouped Notifications, making it easier to view and manage multiple notifications at once.
- You can now manage your notifications in real time from the Lock screen, sending notifications from a specific app to Notification Center or turning them off altogether.
- Siri also makes intelligent suggestions about your alerts based on how you interact with them.
- Whereas message threads and notification topics are grouped together, so it’s easier to see what’s important at a glance.
- Siri can now intelligently pair your daily routines with third-party apps to suggest convenient shortcuts right when you need them. So if you typically pick up a coffee on the way to work, Siri will learn your routine and suggest when to place your order from the Lock screen.
- You can also run shortcuts with your voice or create your own with the new Shortcuts app.
- Faster and more responsive.
- The things you do every day are faster than ever — across more devices. iOS has been overhauled for improved performance on devices as far back as iPhone 5s and iPad Air.
- Up to 40% faster app launch.
- Apps launch faster in day-to-day use. And when you’re pushing your iOS device to the limit, multitasking between lots of apps, they launch up to 2x faster.*
- Up to 50% faster keyboard display.
- The keyboard appears faster and typing is more responsive.
- Up to 70% faster swipe to Camera.
- Swiping to Camera from the Lock screen happens faster so you never miss a moment.
- Up to 2x faster Share sheet display under load.
- The Share sheet appears faster than ever, especially if you have a lot of sharing extensions installed.
- Create an all-new kind of Animoji that fits your personality and mood.
- A new tool for you to select and adjust nearly endless customization options to make your Memoji.
- New Animoji-Try four new Animoji: T. rex, ghost, koala, and tiger.
- Tongue and wink detection-Improved face tracking now recognizes when you stick out your tongue or wink.
- Longer Animoji-Now you can record clips of up to 30 seconds.
- Use the camera in Messages to capture photos and enhance them in new ways using built-in effects and third-party sticker packs.
- CarPlay now supports third-party navigation apps, giving drivers even more choices for a familiar experience on the dash while they drive
Contactless student ID cards:-
- With contactless student ID cards in Wallet, you can use your iPhone or Apple Watch anywhere student ID cards are used on and off campus. Simply hold your device near the reader to access places like your dorm, the library, and campus events. Or pay for laundry, snacks, and dinners around campus.
More battery information:-
- The battery usage chart in Settings now shows your usage for the last 24 hours or 10 days.
- Tap a bar to see your app use for that period of time.
- iOS 12 for iPad includes updated gestures that make it easier to navigate.
- You can now go to the Home screen by swiping anywhere on the Dock.
- Get to Control Center more conveniently with a swipe from the top-right corner.
Enjoy three new language dictionaries: an Arabic and English bilingual dictionary, a Hindi and English bilingual dictionary, and a Hebrew dictionary.
iOS 12 is compatible with these devices:-
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation
12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
10.5-inch iPad Pro
9.7-inch iPad Pro
iPad 6th generation
iPad 5th generation
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2
iPod touch 6th generation