Mi 9, the latest flagship smartphone from Xiaomi, was launched on Wednesday at an event in Beijing, China. Arriving as a a successor to last year’s Mi 8, the Mi 9 sports an all-curved design along with a holographic illusion finish and comes with a multi-functional NFC chip as well as a dual-frequency GPS module.
XIAOMI MI 9, MI 9 TRANSPARENT EDITION, MI 9 SE SPECIFICATIONS:-
- The Xiaomi Mi 9 comes with a dedicated AI button that will let users switch on Google Assistant. In China, the same AI dedicated button will work with proprietary Xiao AI.
- The handset has dual-frequency GPS connectivity via an independent L5 antenna to enhance accuracy on the part of on-device navigation.
- There is an IR blaster to let users easily use the Mi 9 as a universal remote controller for their home appliances.
- The Xiaomi Mi 9 also comes preloaded with features such as a screen dimming optimisation, reading mode 2.0, high brightness mode, and a Sunlight mode 2.0.
- Xiaomi has provided a fifth-generation in-display fingerprint sensor on the Mi 9 that is touted to offer 25 percent faster experience than its predecessor. There is also an all-new NFC chip, NXP SN100T, to data sharing and payments support at a 30 percent faster speed than the previous NFC chip.
- Dual-SIM (Nano).
- Xiaomi Mi 9 runs Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10.
- It features a 6.39-inch full-HD+ Samsung AMOLED display along with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, waterdrop-style notch, and 600 nits of brightness.
- The phone is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC, coupled with Adreno 640 GPU and 6GB and 8GB LPDDR4X RAM options.
- On the optics front, the Xiaomi Mi 9 has a triple rear camera setup that houses a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 primary sensor with 1.0-micron pixel size and an f/2.2 lens. The primary sensor also supports four-in-one pixel (12-megapixel effective pixels). There is also a 16-megapixel Sony IMX481 secondary sensor along with a combination of ultra-wide and macro lens having an f/2.2 lens and a field-of-view (FoV) of 117 degrees. The phone also has a 12-megapixel tertiary sensor along with an f/2.2 telephoto lens. For selfies, there is a 20-megapixel selfie camera at the front.
- The Xiaomi Mi 9 has 128GB of UFS2.1+ storage. Connectivity options on the Mi 9 include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, IR blaster, and a USB Type-C port.
- 3,300mAh battery that supports 20W wireless charging alongside 27W wired fast charging support.
- The handset has a 7.61mm of thickness.
- Coming towards the Xiaomi Mi 9 Transparent Edition, the phone has hardware similar to the original Mi 9. It, however, has 12GB of RAM, seven-piece lens with an f/1.47 aperture on top of the primary sensor, and full-surface transparent back.
- In contrast, the Mi 9 SE features a 5.97-inch Samsung AMOLED display and is powered by a Snapdragon 712 SoC, paired with Adreno 616 GPU and 6GB RAM.
- There is a triple rear camera setup on the Mi 9 SE that includes a 48-megapixel primary sensor, 8-megapixel secondary sensor, and a 13-megapixel tertiary sensor. The handset also packs a 3,070mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging. Rest of the specifications are in line with the Mi 9 and Mi 9 Transparent Edition.
XIAOMI MI 9, MI 9 TRANSPARENT EDITION, MI 9 SE PRICES:-
- The Xiaomi Mi 9 price in China has been set at CNY 2,999 (roughly Rs. 31,800) for the 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage variant, while the 8GB RAM/ 128GB storage option comes at CNY 3,299 (roughly Rs. 34,900). The Xiaomi Mi 9 Transparent Edition carries a price tag of CNY 3,999 (roughly Rs. 42,300). Furthermore, the Mi 9 SE is priced at CNY 1,999 (roughly Rs. 21,200) for the 64GB storage variant, whereas the Mi 9 SE 128GB storage option comes at CNY 2,299 (roughly Rs. 24,350).
- Aside from the new smartphone models, Xiaomi has unveiled a dedicated 20W Mi Wireless Charger with a double cooling system. The Mi Wireless Charger comes with backward compatibility, meaning it can charge other wireless charging-supported devices. The charger comes at CNY 99 (roughly Rs. 1,050). The company has also brought a 20W Mi Wireless Car Charger at CNY 169 (roughly Rs. 1,800) and a 10000mAh Mi Wireless Power Bank at CNY 149 (roughly Rs. 1,600).