How to Downgrade from MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 stable ROM.
Few users who have been updated their Xiaomi smartphone to MIUI 10 have been facing battery and camera issues, thereby making a mind to downgrade to MIUI 9 ROM. So today here in this guide we will explain to you how to do that in a simple way.
Follow the steps accordingly otherwise you may brick your device. We should not be held responsible for any damage occurs to your phone during or after the procedure which, is uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
PREPARATIONS BEFORE DOWNGRADING:-
- Download and install the Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC (Fastboot Method).
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you to perform a backup of all your important data to a safer place.
- Ensure the battery level is more than 70% to continue with the downgrade process.
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST MIUI 9 RECOVERY AND FASTBOOT ROM FOR YOUR XIAOMI PHONE:-
HOW TO DOWNGRADE MIUI 10 TO MIUI 9 USING FASTBOOT ROM:-
- Download MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM based on your device model from above download section to your PC.
- Now you need to boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button.
- Next, you need to connect your Xiaomi phone to PC using a standard USB cable.
- Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the PC.
- Launch the Mi Flash Tool on your PC and paste the address bar of the ROM file folder copied from above.
- Tap on “Refresh ” button. This will automatically recognize your device.
- Next, tap on “Flash ” button to start the flashing process.
- It will take some time to finish the flashing process. So, keep patience and wait.
- Once done, your device will automatically boots to MIUI 9 Global/China Stable ROM.
HOW TO DOWNGRADE MIUI 10 VIA RECOVERY ROM:-
- Firstly, make sure your Xiaomi phone runs on MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM.
- Download MIUI 9 Recovery ROM and save it to your device storage.
- Launch the ‘ Updater ’ app on your device.
- Now you need to tap on the three-dot menu option (‘…’ icon) located at the top-right corner.
- Select “choose update package ”
- Select the downloaded recovery ROM which you have saved to device storage in Step 1.
- XIAOMI REPORTEDLY WORKING ON A FLAGSHIP SMARTPHONE WITH SNAPDRAGON 845 SOC FOR INDIA
- XIAOMI MI 8 SMARTPHONE SOLD OUT ONE MILLION UNITS IN JUST 18 DAYS
HOW TO DOWNGRADE MIUI 10 TO MIUI 9 ON ROOTED XIAOMI DEVICE:-
- Download MIUI 9 Recovery ROM from above download section to your device storage. Make sure to copy the ROM to root folder of the device internal storage.
- Turn off your device and boot into TWRP Recovery mode. You can follow our guide on how to boot Xiaomi phones into TWRP recovery.
- From recovery main menu, perform a factory reset from the path Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Again head back to recovery main menu and tap on ‘Install’. Here you need to choose the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM file which you have saved to device internal storage in Step 1.
- Swipe to confirm the flash.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache.
- Reboot System.
THESE ARE THE THREE METHODS TO DOWNGRADE ANY XIAOMI SMARTPHONE FROM MIUI 10 TO MIUI 9.
PLEASE SHARE AND COMMENT