Xiaomi’s last MediaTek-powered Xiaomi smartphone in India was the Redmi Note that came with an MT6592 octa-core SoC.
- If a new report is to be believed, we could soon see MediaTek-powered Xiaomi smartphones make a return to the Indian market.
- The Chinese company was barred from launching devices with MediaTek chipset after a patent infringement lawsuit was filed by Ericsson.
- Now, however, things seem to have been settled, and Xiaomi could rekindle its partnership with MediaTek.
- There is currently no word on when Xiaomi plans on bringing a MediaTek-powered smartphone to the Indian market.
- Despite the ban, Xiaomi’s Snapdragon-powered devices have done quite well.
- In fact, they have collectively helped the company to become the number one smartphone brand in the country.
- It is also worth noting that Xiaomi hasn’t launched a device with a MediaTek chipset in China for quite some time either.
- The last smartphone was the Redmi Note 4, which was launched with a MediaTek chipset back in 2016.
- Recently, the company has also focused on building a portfolio of its own chipsets under the Surge brand.
- MOTO ONE POWER SPECIFICATIONS LEAKED
- REDMI 6 LAG-FREE PERFORMANCE IN LONG TERM USAGE CLAIMED IN NEW TEASER
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE A XIAOMI SMARTPHONE WITH A MEDIATEK CHIPSET, OR DO YOU PREFER A QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON-POWERED SMARTPHONE ?
PLEASE LET US KNOW IN OUR COMMENTS SECTION BELOW.